After I’ve conceived, I have questions coming from few friends of mine who are also years in TTC. My answers (or counter-questions) are usually in this order:
1) Do you have irregularities in monthly menses, like heavy painful periods, with blood clots, too much/little blood etc.? If yes, seek medical treatment as this can be classified as PID- Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder/Disease which treatment cost is usually covered by most companies’ health panel here in Malaysia (they don’t entertain infertility issues, sadly- talking about employees’ welfare!).
2) How long have you been trying-to-conceive naturally/ since you’ve been married? If more than a year, go seek a doctor- or preferably a gynae, and better still- an infertility specialist. Usually they would want the patients to have tried at least a year if the age is less than 35.
3) Diet/Supplement– Though this is fairly hard to prove and takes most time to see how it changes our body, I did follow few recommendations below:
- Goat’s milk + dates (kurma)- this tip is from the scholar/alim ulama’ that I’ve seen on TV9 this one morning. I go for Hi-goat brand (original, in powder form) since it has the most original goat’s milk content compared to others and it tastes good too without additional sugar. Dates are well-known for its source of energy and the best ones are those coming from the holy land (Makkah/Madinah) due to its barakah.
- Cut off your caffeine intake- avoid coffee and tea (though I occasionally take tea, not more than a cup a day) due to its high acidity. In endometriosis case, since the pelvic environment is already ‘acidic’, adding caffeine to our body will only worsen the case.
- Buah Zuriat (the fruit of the inheritors/offsprings)- I was skeptical on this at first, believing that this fruit can miraculously make you pregnant?? I don’t know exactly what does it contain and its benefits, but if you search for it in the Internet, you can find the pictures and the various ways of its preparation. As for myself, I got it from a colleague of mine who just returned from Makkah and when she gave me that, I was not hesitant to tell her about how I feel about it. Her respond was simple, it’s probably not because of the fruit, but the barakah that comes with it coming from the holy land. So I thought to myself- why not? But pls put your trust on Allah the Almighty alone. Recently, I went to a shop selling
exoticnuts and fruits from the middle east, and hey presto! they do sell buah zuriat too- RM 10 for a pack of 2-3. Here’s the address: Makhzani Food/Mercu Cita Manufacturing, No.8, TP 7/5, Sime UEP Industrial Park, 40400 Shah Alam. There’s a giant billboard of this shop after tol Batu Tiga (RM 1.10) if coming from KL direction.
So there you go. The most important of all tips is- EQUIP YOURSELF WITH KNOWLEDGE. Here’s a good site to start off with: http://www.fertility.com. Find out how our body works, the common cause of infertility, the root cause of your own case by seeing the doctor whom you can trust, how other people deal with their IF issue by reading blogs, get support from family, friends or strangers from the web forums and the list goes on. This is so you are in full control of your body and mind, not just sitting there feeling sorry for yourself!